We welcome families and friends to visit loved ones during their stay at Downey Regional Medical Center. Visits from loved ones comfort patients when they are in the hospital.
To maintain a healthy environment and avoid infections, please make sure that visitors with sniffles, fever, sore throat, cough or other symptoms wait until they are completely well before visiting.
Visiting Hours and Guidelines
We want to make sure the hospital is a comfortable and safe place. We ask that all visitors obtain a guest pass from the Information Desk in the main lobby. Visitors must wear the guest pass at all times while they are in the hospital.
- Daily visiting hours are from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.
- Two visitors may visit a patient at any one time; other visitors may remain in the lobby or other areas away from the unit. Nursing personnel may approve exceptions to this.
- Visitors are instructed to perform hand hygiene prior to entering the patent’s room and on exit.
- Visitors to a patient in some locations are limited to designated family members and significant others.
- Critically ill patients may have visits by designated family members and significant others at brief intervals at any time with permission from the patient’s nurse.
- On day of surgery, immediate family may visit any time with permission of the patient’s nurse.
- Children 16 years or older and supervised by an adult may visit immediate family members. Family members under the age of 16 years may visit under special circumstances with the approval of nursing personnel.
- All visitors should be free of signs of infection such as cough, fever, rash, diarrhea or recent exposure to a communicable disease.
- All visitors are asked not to use patient’s bathroom.
- Immediate family members are encouraged to participate in the care of the patient. The patient’s nurse, under special circumstances, (emotional support, safety issues, and language barriers) may permit one primary support adult to stay in the patient’s room over night.
Family Birth Center (FBC)
Visiting hours are from 10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. Siblings are allowed to visit.
Anderson Critical Care Center (CCC)
• Visiting hours are from 8 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.;
• Only two visitors are allowed in the patient’s room at one time;
• All visitors must be older than 16;
• Flowers, plants, food, candy or beverages are not permitted in these units;
• Please use the phone in the waiting room each time you wish to enter the unit and register at the nurses’ desk before entering a unit.