Downey Regional Medical Center is now PIH Health Hospital – Downey.
PIH Health Foundation is a separate 501c(3) nonprofit organization with the sole mission to raise funds in support of PIH Health. Contributions to the PIH Health Foundation are frequently made on an unrestricted basis, allowing PIH Health to allocate them where they are needed most. They may also be restricted to one or more of the PIH Health hospitals, service lines or programs at the donor’s discretion.
You can make a real and lasting difference in the health of your family, friends, and neighbors through a variety of ways. Please review some of the options below or contact the PIH Health Foundation staff for assistance.
- Cash gifts — the simplest and easiest gifts you can make — can be made on line or through outright cash, personal checks, credit cards, cashier’s checks, or money orders made payable to PIH Health Foundation.
- Legacy gifts or planned giving strategies that allow you to create your legacy with PIH Health while protecting your estate and gaining tax advantages. Go to pihhealth.giftlegacy.com.
- Memorial and tribute gifts allow you to remember or recognize those special to you, including family, friends, your physicians and other caregivers.
- Gifts of appreciated securities, stocks, and bonds also provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to PIH Health Foundation before they are sold. If you have held your securities for more than one year, you may find that your gift will provide a two-fold tax benefit, creating an income-tax deduction as well as helping avoid the capital-gains tax that would have been due on their sale.
- Matching gifts provide an opportunity to double your gift. Please consult your employer’s Human Resources department for more information as organization policies vary.
- Gifts of real estate — including personal residences, second homes, income property, and vacant land — offer a wide variety of tax and other benefits. Whereas most people give their entire interest away, it is also possible to give only a portion of the property (an undivided percentage interest) while retaining the rest for other purposes.
- Gifts of personal property — including rare books, works of art, valuable collectibles, and tangible items of demonstrable value — in some cases may enable you to make a significant gift with outstanding tax benefits to you. Likewise, gifts of intangible personal property, such as copyrights, patents, and mineral rights, can generate income for the program of your choice on a continuing basis.
For more information call 562.698.0811 Ext 14120 or email: PIHHealth.Foundation@PIHHealth.org